serves 4 people
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cooking time : 55 minutes
- 1 (1.3kg/3lb) guinea fowl
- 2.5 cm piece fresh root ginger, peeled and cut into thin sticks
- thinly pared rind and juice of 1 orange
- 3 tbsp Baya extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp lavender honey
- 4 medium carrots, peeled, trimmed
- 3 red onions, peeled and sliced
- ½ tsp coriander seeds, crushed
- 1 (15g) packet fresh coriander
- cooked sliced cabbage to serve
- Preheat oven to 200C/Fan I 180C/Gas Mark 6. Rinse guinea fowl; pat dry with kitchen paper. Place in roasting tin or dish; season. Gently heat ginger, orange juice and 1 tbsp oil in a pan for 2-3 mins. Add 1 tbsp honey; heat for 1 min. Set aside.
- Drizzle guinea fowl with remaining honey and 1 tbsp of the sauce. Roast for 30-35 mins until golden and cooked through. With potato peeler, pare carrots into long, thin ribbons; place in bowl of cold water.
- Heat remaining oil in pan; fry onions and coriander seeds over medium heat for 8-10 mins. Drain and dry carrots; add to pan with any juices from guinea fowl. Cook for 5 mins. Set aside.
- Stir orange rind into sauce; heat for 1-2 mins. Toss onions, carrots and fresh coriander together; arrange on 4 plates. Place guinea fowl on top; pour over sauce. Serve with cabbage.
First appeared in recipes-plus.co.uk - http://recipes-plus.co.uk/recipe/roast-guinea-fowl-orange-ginger-sauce-21489