Serves 4 people
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cooking time : 45 minutes
1small bunch of parsley, finely chopped
1 onion, or the greens of several scallions or leeks, finely chopped
Juice from 1 lemon, or to taste
Stage -1 - Octopus
- Bring a large pot of water to a simmer.
- Add octopus, bay leaves, garlic , whole peppercorn and salt and cover.
- Let the octopus simmer for about 30-45 minutes, or until tender but not over-cooked. To tell if the octopus is ready, use a tong to hold the tip of one of the piece and gently twist it—if it falls off easily, it's ready.
- Remove the contents from the pot, discarding the bay leaf, peppercorns and garlic, and rinse the octopus well with cold water.
Stage -2 - Salad
- Place the cooked octopus in a bowl.
- Add the parsley, onion, and lemon juice. Add the olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Mix well, cover, and leave to rest for at least an hour in the fridge.
- Serve chilled, however preferably not straight out of the fridge
Inspired by a recipe developed by Sasa and Jan
Based on the recipe appeared in food52.com - https://food52.com/recipes/611-mediterranean-octopus-salad